Thursday, March 19, 2009

2008 Summary

Ok, so in trying to get this started I'm going to briefly summarize the movies I saw from last year.
In future posts I will be doing more detailed reviews about movies as I watch them.
This post (being about last year's movies) may contain spoilers, in future posts I will try and avoid them

1) The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Decent show, not as good (or as close to the book) as the first one. Why did they get Fabbio Jr. to play Caspian?

2) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Despite what my friends say, I think it was a good movie. It was meant to be entertaining, not thought provoking, but how can you NOT like an Indiana Jones movie? Besides that... there were aliens!

3) The Dark Knight

The highest grossing picture on this list, The Dark Knight, is possibly the best done movie I have seen in the last decade. Heath Ledger is amazing, Christian Bale needs to give his Batman a cough drop again, and Michael Caine is... Michael Caine-ish!

4) Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

Ah, the proverbial sequel to a great cartoon. (No, I don't know what proverb I'm referencing... but there has GOT to be one.) Once again the supporting cast was phenomenal. The penguins are quite possibly the greatest animated characters to grace the silver screen .

However I am considering boycotting the new TV show "The Penguins of Madagascar" because Christopher Knights, and ONLY Christopher Knights, is the true Private. No one else can play him.

Likewise Chris Miller, and ONLY Chris Miller, should be Kowalski... what's the deal with scratching them? If the show is too cheap to keep the cast that made them great then I don't know if it will be worth watching!

They must be prejudice against them. Notice how they are both "Chris?" I think it's a plot. They wish to rid anyone who's name is Chris-related of their stardom! Christian Bale had better watch out!

I say, "BAH!" and then I say it again, "BAH!"

Anyway... I know I saw more movies last year, but those are the highlights.

Thanks,

~Magillichetti

No comments:

Post a Comment